"Diversity and inclusion is, to me, fundamental to how we run the organisation and how I want to lead Kantar. I value everyone. I think that every single person has something to offer. And the more diverse we are as a group, the richness of our contributions are greater, and we’re just better as a team."
Chris Jansen, Group Chief Executive
Inclusion and diversity is the beating heart of Kantar. It’s in the work we do, and in the way we interact with one another. We know that through accepting and appreciating the diversity of our individual experiences, we can continue to lead the pack when it comes to data, insights, and consulting. It’s also how we get the best out of our people.
And nobody understands that culture better than them.
We have six Employee Resource Groups, and there’s a range of people involved in the running of each. Run by our colleagues, and each sponsored by a member of the executive leadership, our ERGs aim to drive change across our business and ensure we continue to build on being an inclusive place to work.
Building an Inclusive Culture
Megan Cross, Inclusion and Diversity Consultant
We have a global Inclusion and Diversity (I&D) steering committee, which consists of our most senior leaders, who align our I&D strategy with our wider business objectives and purpose. However, Kantar is a global organization operating in diverse markets, each with different I&D challenges, priorities and opportunities. That’s why we also have 38 I&D steering committees at the local market level.
Our market I&D steering committees work to develop, and deliver, against an I&D plan that is specific to the needs of their region. Their initiatives have included policymaking, delivery of allyship training, and mentoring programs.
Want to see more about what our people say? Why not check out our reviews on Glassdoor. We take what our people say about us seriously, and are always keen to see feedback.
Thinking of applying for one of our vacancies? You can see all of our jobs on our website. And don't forget, if you require any adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please don't hesitate to chat with our team. They'll be happy to help you.
Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
Open to everyone who joins Kantar, our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are voluntary, employee-led groups that support Kantar to build an inclusive and diverse workplace. They are integral to achieving our overall I&D strategy.
The groups are led, and participated in, by colleagues from across Kantar who share a characteristic. Our ERGs also include allies, essentially any employees who want to learn more and pledge their support.
We have six global ERGs at Kantar.
The Accessibility ERG is a community that provides support and fosters respect and inclusion for people with conditions and disabilities, both visible and invisible, temporary and permanent.
- Educate and uplift those within Kantar who are neurodivergent or disabled.
- Provide a community for people who support or care for individuals with disabilities and neurodivergencies in their lives.
- Work with other ERGs to promote intersectionality.
- October - Disability Employment Awareness Month
- December - International Day of Persons with Disabilities
Want to see more? Watch what Valerie has to say about our Accessibility ERG.
No Limits seeks to promote age inclusiveness through support offered from the very beginning of your time here. It’s not just for the more senior among our staff – it’s for everyone. The key message is that we’ll likely all need support in our older age one day, so why not start it from your first day?
- Promote age inclusiveness from the beginning of a person's time at Kantar
- August - International Youth Day
- October – International Day of Older Persons
Pride is our LGBTQI+ community, open to both those who identify as such but also for allies to show their support.
- Drive a better understanding of the LGBTQI+ community within Kantar and beyond.
- Make sure the executive team and other leaders are effective allies.
- Set up a mentorship program to both educate and learn from our members.
- Celebrate and commemorate key dates in the LGBTQI+ calendar.
- Influence structural change – policies, procedures, and practices.
- March - International Transgender Day of Visibility
- June - Pride Month
- October - National Coming Out Day
- December - World AIDS Day
Watch our Pride ERG video to find out a bit more about the great work they do.
Women at Kantar strives for achieving gender equality in the workplace by empowering women and allies across the business to engage, learn and drive positive change to help women realize their full potential.
- Inspiring women through engagement with role models and allies, amplifying thought leadership through Disruption Talks
- Empowering women through networking and development opportunities to be their best selves
- Supporting Women in Technology to build career pathways at Kantar
- Influencing the hardwiring of sustainable change in Kantar’s DNA through our people processes and policies to remove gender bias
- Building an inclusive community to ensure all Women at Kantar are represented and their voices are heard across Kantar [including intersectionality issues with our other ERGs]
- March - International Women’s Day
- October - World Menopause Day
Meet Tejal and find out more about our Women at Kantar ERG in our video.
Parents and Carers is a group for working parents and carers within Kantar, who can share their experiences of balancing their personal and professional lives. As we continue to offer you the option to work remotely around the globe, the lines between work and family time can easily become blurred; Parents & Carers are here to help you keep all the plates spinning.
- Provide an empathetic, understanding environment for parents and carers in the workplace.
- May - International Day of Families
- June - Global Day of Parents
Want to find out more? Watch the video from our Parents and Carers ERG.
CREW brings together individuals of different cultures, races and ethnicities in the workplace.Leads - Adrian Florence and Amira Sabir
Executive Sponsors - Andy Doyle and Adeola Tejumola
- Inspire, education, and drive action about the value of Inclusion and Diversity for all
- This community strives to create a more inclusive and diverse workplace by addressing challenges and celebrating our differences.
- CREW is a safe space where you can listen, learn, and be heard irrespective of your background.
- February - Black History Month (USA)
- May - World Day of Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development
- June - World Refugee Day
- October - Black History Month (UK)
We also celebrate cultural and religious holidays with our members, like Chinese New Year, Diwali, Kwanzaa, Eid, and any others that feel relevant to the people we’re seeking to celebrate.
Watch what Adrian and Amira had to say about the aims or our CREW ERG.